When it is time to find memory care for a loved one, there are probably many questions that pop into your mind. The problem is that every memory care community is different and offers a variety of services. What is important is finding the one that offers what your loved one will find to be important.
While you search for a memory care community, you will want to come up with a list of questions that you can ask for your top choices. You should also find out about scheduling a tour whenever possible. We have compiled a list of questions that may be helpful for determining the best option for your loved one.
- What sort of training do the staff members have? Are they trained regularly while on the job?
- What level of care is available at the community? Is it strictly for memory care patients or are other patients also present?
- What is the rate on a monthly basis for care and housing? Which services are included in that rate? Which are not?
- Are the rooms in the community semi-private or private? If both, how do the prices vary?
- How much personal assistance is available to the residents?
- How does the staff handle any medical emergencies?
- What sort of security is used to keep the community secure?
- What kind of meals are provided for residents? Are special dietary requests accommodated?
- How often does housekeeping visit a room? How often is laundry service provided?
- What type of programs (social, exercise, physical therapy, and others) are offered by the facility?
- Are special needs such as mobility issues, diabetic care, and physical aggressiveness accommodated by the staffs?
- Are residents in the community separated by level of cognition?
- What is the ratio of residents to staff members during the day? What is the ratio at night?
- How does the community speak with families to keep them updated about a resident’s wellbeing?
- What sort of discharge process is in place?
If you are looking for a memory care community in Brick, NJ, you should be sure to learn more about The Regency Memory Care Club. We are happy to partner with families to offer great opportunities for their loved ones. To find out more about the community you can reach our office by phone at 201-525-2200.