Family law is a broad portion of the law that deals with many of the legal ways we form and dissolve family relationships. While these situations are deeply personal in many ways, they are also often highly legally regulated. So when you are going through a situation dealing with family law, you need the help of an experienced family law lawyer.
What Sorts of Matters Do Family Law Attorneys Handle?
We provide a comprehensive list of family law services. While every individual case is different, matters we commonly handle include:
- Drafting and interpretation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements;
- Litigating paternity determinations;
- Divorce (for both opposite sex and same-sex couples);
- Civil union separations;
- Domestic violence representation in matters like requests for orders of protection;
- Child custody litigation;
- Child and spousal support matters;
- Stepparent or grandparent adoption; and
- Neutral third-party mediation.
An Experienced Family Law Attorney
We have practiced family law in Palatine for over a decade. We also have a qualified divorce mediator for those who are interested in a more collaborative approach to family law disputes.
Call an Experienced Family Lawyer Today
Family law is one of the most personal and important areas of the law. Whether you are dealing with something as stressful as a custody dispute or as joyous as an adoption, you will need the assistance of an experienced and passionate Family Lawyer Palatine.