Few people are excited about the prospect of buying new tires. It’s a chore that can be complicated if you aren’t well-educated on what types of tires are available through truck tire sales in New Jersey. Maintaining your tires and keeping them in good shape is essential, but at some point, your tires will still wear down. That’s why we wanted to offer some tips on buying new tires for your truck.
Determining You Need New Tires
The first thing you should do is consult your owner’s manual to see when the manufacturer recommends you replace your tires. Many times, this will be every six years, but it does vary. You should also be sure that a mechanic inspects your tires from time to time to see how much wear and tear is present. Here are other things to watch for:
- Blisters or bulges – If you notice either of these present on the tires, it may mean that there is a weak surface. You should speak with a technician to determine if you need to replace the tires.
- Cracked sidewalls – Look for any deformations or cuts on the sidewalls of the tires. Your tire might be nearing the point of leaking if you notice any grooves present.
- The Depth of tread – Always take time to look over the treads on your tires. If you notice that the tread seems to be worn, this can be a sign it’s time to change them out.
- Vibration – If you are noticing more vibration lately when you are driving, this can be the sign of a tire issue. You should have your tires inspected as soon as possible.
Buying Quality Tires
There are a few things to look for when inspecting tires at truck tire sales in New Jersey. Here are the four more important aspects to consider:
- Icons – These represent certain benefits of the tire. As an example, seeing “M+S” means it meets Rubber Manufacturers Standards for snow and mud.
- Safety code – This certifies the tires meet required safety standards. It will be followed by the ID number for the tire and information on when and where it was made.
- Tire specifications – This includes the speed, size, and construction rating. Your manual will explain what is appropriate for your truck.
Affordable Tires Near Me
At B&L Recovery & Towing, we offer tire sales, tire repairs, truck towing, and maintenance services.