Heating oil, also known as oil heat is the most efficient and safest way to heat a home. Oil heat is a non-explosive, combustible and stable product, which addresses some of the safety concerns associated with other fuels. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), oil heat burning systems are now one of the cleanest combustion sources available. Modern oil heat systems operate at 85 to 95 percent efficiency or higher. This means that a home will heat up faster and consume less fuel when compared to other heating systems, such as electricity or natural gas. The following are some essential details to know about home heating oil in Boston MA.
What factors cause the prices of oil heat to fluctuate?
Heating oil prices can fluctuate for a wide range of reasons including:
• Competition in local markets
• Prices of heating oil may be higher in rural or remote areas due to fewer competitors.
• Operating expenses:
• Prices of oil can be affected by operating costs, such as transportation, insurance, rent, state and local fees and overhead costs.
• Fluctuations in the price of crude oil
• Since crude oil is an essential component of fuel oil, changes in cost of crude oil will affect the prices of oil heat.
What are some main advantages of using heating oil?
• Warmer and cozy
• Heating oil burns 400 degrees hotter than natural gas and electricity.
• Cost effective:
• The operation costs of an oil heat system may be about 2.5 to 5.5 times lower than that of a natural gas or electrical heating system.
• The Department of Ecology studies indicates that home heating oil is 16 percent more efficient than natural gas.
• It is abundant
• Home heating oil is available in large quantities, and thus, homeowners can be sure of a constant supply.
What are some tips on how to save on home heating oil?
• Ensure the oil heat burning system is inspected and tuned up yearly by an expert.
• Cracks and gaps around the home should be sealed to avoid heat loss.
• Consider using a programmable thermostat to help cut heating costs. Additionally, it is important to shorten showers. Note that showers account for about two-thirds of water heating costs.
These are just some of the important details to know about Home Heating Oil in Boston MA. For more information about oil heat, and how to contact a reputable supplier, go to .