Not many people really think about the importance of good dental health care unless they are faced with a serious dental emergency. To have strong, healthy teeth for a long time, you need to think seriously about the getting a reliable dentist. Here are a few of the services that are offered by dental Honolulu practitioners.
While regular brushing of the teeth is important in making sure that the teeth don’t get plaque bacteria, it is not enough to eliminate the problem completely. It is advisable to get your teeth professionally cleaned by a dentist. This eliminates any plaque that may have formed in the spaces between the teeth. This prevents the plaque bacteria from forming acids that can lead to cavities. View website for more info.
Restoring teeth with cavities
Another common dental health complication is cavities. Cavities are formed as a result of teeth getting corroded by the acid that is formed as a result of bacterial action on food. The restoration process that is followed for teeth with cavities depends on the extent of the damage:
1. For teeth whose cavities are only affecting the enamel and the dentine, the dentists will use simple fillers to seal the tooth and prevent further decay.
2. For teeth whose decay has reached the pulp cavity and caused tissue infection, restoration will start with the removal of the dead tissue. This will be followed with cleaning and sterilizing the tooth, then sealing it. A dental crown will be put in place to stop the tooth from getting damaged further.
3. For teeth whose decay may have reached the roots or below the gum, the only solution could be extracting the tooth and getting an implant as a replacement.
Cosmetic dental procedure
Many people have issues with one aspect of their teeth or the other. The common issues include misaligned teeth, stained teeth, cracked and fractured teeth and lost teeth. Below are some common cosmetic dental procedures:
1. Teeth whitening
2. Teeth alignment using Invisalign
3. Getting veneers for broken and fractured teeth
4. Dental implants
These are all services offered by Dr. Garrett T. Hayashi DDS, one of the best dentists in Honolulu.