There are many reasons someone might require the services of home care Bethesda. This type of service is available for those who are not in need of hospital care, but do require assistance during an illness or recovery from surgery or an injury. In these instances, home health care can assist with your care and take care of certain needs you have. This will help to ensure your health is looked after and you are being cared for the way your doctor prescribed.
What Can You Expect From Home Care Bethesda?
1. Medications — The home health care nurse will work directly with your doctor, to ensure your medications are providing you relief and are being given exactly as prescribed. The nurse will remain in constant contact with the doctor, so changes to medication orders can be made if needed.
2. Wound care — If you have had surgery or are healing from an injury that caused a wound, the nurse will provide monitoring of your wound care, changing your bandages and checking for signs of bleeding and infection. If any issues are found, they will be reported to your doctor immediately.
3. Bathing — If you are experiencing mobility issues, the nurse will assist you with your bathing needs.
4. Bathroom – Bathroom visits can be difficult if you are ill or in pain. Through different methods, the nurse can assist you with your bathroom needs.
5. Household — Depending on your health needs, some home health nurses can provide light household duties, such as cooking and cleaning. They will work to assist you as much as possible in meeting your needs.
Taking care of your medical needs is extremely important when you are going through an illness or a recovery period. By having the services of home health care, you will have all of the care you need, so your recovery is medically supervised. To learn more about your options for receiving this type of care, contact your doctor and Specialty Care Services. They will be glad to assist you in your home health care needs, giving you the services you require, so you can make a complete recovery.