As a business owner that specializes in construction or home remodeling, you know that the success of your company relies on being reimbursed for the projects that you complete. If a client fails to pay for your services, it can financially impact your establishment. Especially, if you own a small business where non-payment of your work can jeopardize the future of your company. Even for large companies, if they do not receive payments from multiple clients, they face financial hardships. A California mechanic’s lien is designed to place a hold on the property until the client pays for the services rendered. While you may be tempted to file a lien on your own, it is important to hire an attorney to handle the complex process.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer
- Applying for a California mechanic’s lien can be time-consuming, you can remain focused on your business while a lawyer handles the legal issue for you.
- There are specific requirements that must be met when filing a lien, if you make a mistake at any time during the process it can risk the ability to place a lien on the property.
- There are strict deadlines that must be met, and the correct information must be submitted for approval.
- A lawyer can make sure the right format is used and the request is filed with the right office.
- You improve the chance of your lien being approved when you use a trusted law firm to file the paperwork for you.
Start the Process to Today to Receive Your Payment
If you have a client that has defaulted on a payment or refuses to pay for the services rendered. You should contact Salek Law Firm to learn how they can help place a lien on the property. As a business owner, you have supplies to pay for and employees that need to be paid. A contingency based law firm, they will not require you to pay their fee until the lien has been successfully approved.