The human body needs constant hydration, being that it is made up mainly of water. In order to get this hydration, people must drink water on a regular basis. In fact, it is recommended that people drink at least eight glasses of water per day, and more if they take part in strenuous physical activities. While it is important to drink plenty of water each day, it is just as important that the water everyone drinks is clean and free of contaminants. As much as it is processed at water treatment plants, it can still be processed further at home through filtration systems.
There are many benefits of using a water filter in Houston homes. For one thing, they provide much better tasting water for drinking and cooking. The water also smells better. Other benefits of a water filtration system include:
1. Harmful lead is removed from drinking water immediately before it is consumed, making it much safer to drink.
2. Home-filtered water is clean and healthy, and much less expensive than bottled water, and there are fewer bottles taking up space in landfills.
3. Having filtered water can reduce the risks of developing many health problems, including rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer. This is because chlorine and chlorine by-products are removed during the filtration process.
4. Dangerous contaminants are removed via a solid block carbon water filter, while ensuring that healthy minerals remain.
5. Water is clean for cooking.
6. A filtration system can reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease, which is often caused by contaminants such as cryptosporidium and giardia, which are removed in the filtration process.
7. Children must have healthy drinking water, and a filtrations system ensures families that the water they drink is totally safe.
8. Filtered water is also better for bathing. It is healthier for the skin, and it is softer, so people need to use less soap products to clean with.
Using a water filter in Houston, TX will ensure that people always have safe drinking water, and good water for cooking, cleaning, and bathing. To learn more about having a filtration system installed in a home, click here