Having automatic Garage Door Openers Scottsdale AZ are convenient options that keep you out of the rain during a storm and protects against intruders. A press of a button opens the garage door and illuminates the interior for added safety. With advanced anti-tampering systems, it is nearly impossible for burglars to by-pass the system to gain access.
The main difference between garage door openers lies in their drive mechanisms. There are five main types, available from Neighborhood Garage Door Service, described below:
* Chain Drive -; The most popular of garage door opener types is also the oldest, dating back to the early 1900’s. It is very reliable, durable, and long-lasting. They require minimal maintenance and are the least expensive of the drive types, but that comes at the cost of being fairly noisy. This can be a nuisance if bedrooms are situated near the garage, but some models offer noise-dampening chain separators that help reduce the noise generated.
* Belt Drive -; These are similar to chain driven openers, but instead of a chain it uses a rubber belt to move the trolley. The result is much quieter operation without sacrificing reliability. These openers have less moving components and reduce vibrations at a lighter higher base price than chain driven units.
* Screw Drive -; A middle-of-the-road option for Garage Door Openers Scottsdale AZ is the screw drive garage door opener. It has a threaded metal rod that drives the trolley resulting in significantly fewer moving components. They do tend to produce more noise than belt driven units and may operate slower than other models.
* Jackshaft -; This type differs from others because it mounts on the wall versus the ceiling. It is driven by a DC motor using cables and pulleys turning the torsion bar to lift the door. It offers smooth, quiet operation and also allows for storage at the ceiling.
* Direct Drive -; These units have only one moving component, a fixed chain nested inside the rail, making them the quietest of all garage door openers. In other garage door openers the motor is fixed, whereas, with the direct drive, the motor moves along the chain.
Browse the website to find other features, options, and accessories available for the model you are interested in. Standard features on most types are lights and battery backup for power outages. Options include wireless keypads and remotes with multiple buttons for more than one door.