Non-Custodial Parents: When to Seek Help From Child Custody Attorneys in Dayton, OH

Being a non-custodial parent comes with its own set of challenges. Since the parent does not live in the home with the kid, the need to make the best use of visitation privileges is a key element in maintaining a relationship between parent and child. When circumstances develop that interfere with those privileges, consulting one of the Child Custody Attorneys in Dayton, OH is a wise move.

An Uncooperative Custodial Parent
Should the custodial parent actively prevent the non-custodial parent from exercising the court-approved visitation privileges, a letter from an attorney may be all that is needed to get things back on track. Child Custody Attorneys in Dayton, OH have a complete knowledge of what types of legal action can be taken when either parent attempts to infringe on the rights of the other. More importantly, those attorneys are aware that the court will take a dim view of any overt attempts to withhold visitation privileges as a means of retaliation.

Seeking a Change in the Custody Arrangement
Circumstances can change over time, making it a good idea to revisit the current structure of the present custody arrangement. Perhaps, the non-custodial parent is now in a position to provide a more stable home environment and would like to be appointed as the custodial parent. Maybe the child has reached the minimum age required to determine whether he or she would like to remain in the home of the current custodial parent or live with the non-custodial parent full time.

Any change in the current arrangement will require the approval of the court. Since the focus of the court is to decide what is in the best interests of the minor child, it is necessary for Child Custody Attorneys in Dayton, OH to satisfy the judge that making the change is the right thing to do. In many cases, the judge will want to have a word with the child, and may seek the advice of counselors before making a ruling on the change. Visit website for more details.

For non-custodial parents needing help with a custody related issue, contact The Law Offices of Graham N. Wright today. After evaluating the circumstances, it will be possible to know what course of action to pursue.

Sharing is caring!