Dentistry has changed plenty in the past few decades. It used to be that the sound of drills and patients screaming would be heard outside every Dentists Mankato MN office. However, those days are over. With dental technology improving by the month, procedures are virtually painless and clinics are some of the most serene medical places on the planet.
Here are some common reasons to visit your local Dentists Mankato MN:
- Treatment for sleep apnea and snoring
- . For many people who snore, it seems there is no solution. For others, surgery is the only way out of the tormenting nights. For those who do not know the ordeals that go along with snoring, it does not only affect the person snoring, it affects those around them.
- . Whitening treatments, along with implants, and orthodontic treatments, are one of the biggest (and best) changes in dentistry. Practiced for decades, and perhaps centuries, attempts to clarify teeth have gone through different approaches (all with the same goal): to give the user the most beautiful teeth possible. Pasta discs, sandpaper, lathes, acids, liquid, gel, electricity, and fiber optics have all been used to whiten teeth. And now photo-polymerization is being used in dental clinics to make teeth brighter than ever.
- . Cavities are the destruction of dental tissue by decay caused by bacteria. This is usually caused by poor oral hygiene, irregular tooth shape, or tooth decay, poor diet, race, or hereditary factors. Cavities are initiated by the tooth enamel. In some cases, it is identified by an opaque white spot, and in others, it may be a black spot or depression. Dentists Mankato MN state that decay spreads dentin thin, and if left untreated, can mean loss of teeth.
- . Also known as prophylaxis, this is the best way to ensure that plaque or tartar is not on the teeth. Even though you may practice great oral hygiene at home, the most difficult regions of the mouth may not be accessible. This is why bi-annual visits to your local dentist is important.
For more information on how Dentists Mankato MN can help you, contact your local dental provider or visit mankatodentist.com today.