In the past, a person would see a dentist mainly for treatment and prevention. The most common reasons to see a dentist included teeth cleanings, checks for tooth decay, the filling of cavities, and tooth repair. Over time, more people started to see orthodontists in order to straighten crooked teeth by getting braces, and today, the most common services that dentists offer have extended to include some common cosmetic procedures which keep a person’s smile looking as bright and attractive as possible.
In our modern world, much attention is paid to appearance. A person’s smile is often one of the first features that is noticed by others, so it is important to maintain a great one. A cosmetic dentist in Howell NJ can perform some common procedures to ensure that a person lives with a healthy, confident, and comfortable smile.
The Most Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
A person may choose to see a cosmetic dentist for a number of reasons: to have a defect corrected, such as crooked teeth or a misaligned bite; for treatment of an injury to the mouth or jaw; or to improve their appearance and confidence. There are five cosmetic dentistry procedures that are very common today:
1. Veneers enhance the look of the teeth while simultaneously protecting them from future damage. In this procedure, a thin coating is placed on the teeth and changes both the color and shape.
2. Tooth Whitening and/or Bleaching are probably the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures today. Methods include using a high-concentrated gel on the teeth, or LED/halogen lights.
3. Dental Bonding uses a tooth-colored material to close gaps between the teeth or to change the color of the teeth.
4. Contouring and/or Reshaping Teeth are done through a fast and inexpensive procedure. This procedure painlessly straightens out cracked, crooked, chipped, or overlapping teeth.
5. Dental Implants and Bridges are used to replace teeth. Dental implants are done by planting a root device into the jaw bone in order to connect one of a variety of prostheses. A dental bridge procedure is done when a permanent tooth replacement is required. The replacement tooth is made and fixed either to other teeth or to a dental implant.
How to Find the Best Cosmetic Dentist
* Check the professional associations that the dentist belongs to.
* Find out how long the dentist has been in practice and check reviews and referrals from sources you can trust.
* Schedule an initial consultation before making a decision. Be prepared by writing down a list of questions you would like to ask and note the dentist’s responses.
* Follow your instincts and a code of ethics.
A cosmetic dentist in Howell NJ is easy to find these days, but a person should always make sure they are finding the best. A confident smile goes a very long way and a well-qualified, experienced professional can make a big difference in your overall appearance and self-esteem. Visit Comprehensive Dentistry to know more.