For some people, their first pet is a fish. They are convenient if you live in a small space and do not need to be walked. Here are some tips about buying fish for Pets in El Dorado Hills CA.
1. Make sure the tank is big enough to properly hold the fish. Too small of a tank is inhumane and will not allow proper movement or room for the fish to swim.
2. Ensure the tank that is bought has a filter installed. This helps to keep the water clean and healthy for your new pet. A healthy fish will be much happier and healthier and live years longer than an unhealthy fish.
3. Feed the fish a diet that is varied. This will have a dramatic effect on the color and the behavior of the fish. Food such as bloodworms brine shrimp, and algae wafers are suitable food for all fish. Keep in mind that specific breeds of fish may also require certain foods beyond that.
4. Do research and read about what foods the fish like best. Keep feedings to twice a day and only in small portions. Try to feed at about the same time daily.
5. Decorate the tank so the fish can interact with the selected furnishings. Reefs, castles, and breed-appropriate vegetation all give the fish plenty to do and enjoy while swimming. Eye-catching decorations are also pleasing to look at for the owners.
6. Try out different kinds of fish. There are some types of fish that prefer to live solo, but these fish can also be taught simple tricks and will entertain with no prodding from the owner whatsoever. Larger schools of fish are always in action and maintain a busy environment to watch and enjoy.
7. Add some small shrimp or snails. Not only can they be pleasant to look at but they work to help keep the tank clean by eating the scum that builds up on the tank.
Contact Us for more information or ideas about keeping fish as Pets in El Dorado Hills CA. They are easy to care for and a delight to watch no matter what breed you choose. Have fun!