When a homeowner has a pool installed, they will need to make sure they properly maintain it so it will continue to offer a welcome respite from the heat of summer. It is crucial homeowners follow the care instructions for their pool so they can avoid damage. With proper maintenance, a pool will last much longer, and homeowners can avoid expensive repairs. With this information, pool owners will know exactly what they need to purchase to keep their pool looking beautiful and performing at the level it should.
There are five main supplies that will need to be purchased:
• One of the most important
• Pool Supplies in Kansas City
• is a chemical test kit. The pool water will need to be tested on a regular basis to check for alkalinity, pH, chlorine, and calcium hardness levels. It is important an owner tests their water as often as recommended and makes adjustments if any levels are not where they should be.
• It is also important pool owners have pH balancers that can be used to adjust the pH balance in the pool. If the pH is not at the right level, it can cause bacterial growth to begin occurring. The ideal pH level for a pool is 7.2. Readings below 7 will cause unsafe bacteria levels while readings above 7.8 will cause irritation to the skin and eyes and corrosion in the pool equipment.
• Chlorine is a crucial pool supply for killing all types of algae and bacteria that may begin to grow in the water. There are several types of chlorine on the market so it is important to pool owners use the kind that will give them the best results. With careful research, one can make a sound choice so their pool water will be kept clean and safe.
• Algaecide is also an important part of Pool Supplies in Kansas City. This kills algae and prevents it from growing, so the water remains clear and does not turn an ugly shade of green.
• The Shock should also be purchased because it can be added to the water to control algae and bacteria and normalize the pH.
If you are in need of supplies for your pool, visit the website. Banks Blue Valley Pool and Spa Designs provides pool owners with the supplies they need so they can keep their pools safe and inviting.