Whether hiring a contractor for a small project or a large one, it is vital individuals are careful in their approach and hire the right professional for the job. Most home or business owners will meet with a contractor before they hire them. Since many individuals are not aware of what to look for, it can be helpful for them to ask pertinent questions that will arm them with the information they need to make a sound decision in hiring an Electrical Contractor in Council Bluffs.
• What training or experience do you have for the type of work I will be hiring you for? This an especially important question for home or business owners to ask when they will require specialty services such as voice/data cabling and solar setups. Knowing the training and experience a contractor has will allow an individual to better understand the level of service they can expect.
• Who will perform the work? While many contractors have their own workers, some subcontract. A person has the right to know if their contractor will subcontract the labor and they have the right to know who will be working on their property and what type of training and experience they have.
• Are you licensed? The vast majority of states require electrical contractors to be licensed before they can provide services. There are basically two levels of licensure. A master electrician has been working for at least two years and has experience in both installation and design while a journeyman is licensed for installation and repairs only.
• Are you insured? No home or business owner should even consider hiring a contractor that is not properly insured. The electrical contractor should carry no less than $500,000 in liability and worker’s compensation coverage.
• What is included in your estimate? Not only does a property owner need to know the full pricing structure, but they also need to be aware of who will be responsible for incidentals like drywall damage. It is important a homeowner gets everything in writing when the final contract is drawn up, including any guarantees or warranties.
With these questions, a home or business owner can be given the information they need to make the right choice for an Electrical Contractor in Council Bluffs. Those who are in need of a contractor should contact Brase Electrical Contracting Corp.