In 2012, the Ohio State Highway Patrol reported an increase in the arrest rate for operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI). They also noted the fatality rate involving alcohol-fueled crashes was down. In fact, the overall death was lower than it had been the previous year by approximately 26%. Meanwhile Highway Patrol Troopers had increased their arrest rate by 915 over 2012. With 10,459 individuals charged with OVI, it was enough to keep many a, OVI lawyer in Cincinnati Ohio busy.
Code 4511.19 refers to OVI – specifically the definition and circumstances of operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. It explicitly states no one can operate any motor vehicle under the following circumstances:
- After ingesting any amount of alcohol and/or drugs
- If the blood alcohol content (BAC) is 0.08% or greater (age 21 or older) or 0.02% is less than 18
- If the level of amphetamine per single milliliter of urine is 500 nanograms
- If the amount of heroin per single milliliter of urine is 10 nanograms
- If the amount of LSD in the system is a minimum of 25 nanograms per single milliliter of urine
- If the amount of marijuana in the system is a minimum of 10 nanograms per single milliliter of urine
If you fall into these major categories, you will require an OVI lawyer to help you deal with the legal fallout.
If you are arrested and charged for driving while intoxicated, you will need an OVI lawyer. In Cincinnati Ohio and in all communities across this state, the laws enforce strict penalties and fines. When it comes to facing up to an OVI, you need a skilled and experienced attorney particularly if you are facing not your first, but your second OVI within the 6 year period. A skilled attorney OVI will try to help you avoid or reduce any of the following:
- Fines: This ranges from $350 to $1,500
- Jail time: For a second offense this ranges from a minimum of 10 days but can rise to 20 or more if your BAC was equal to or more than 0.17
- Electric Home monitoring: You may have to wear a home monitoring device for anywhere from 18 days to 6 months
- Suspension of your license from 1 to 5 years
- Vehicle Immobilization: For a minimum of 90 days
- Reinstatement Fee: To reinstate your license, you will have to cough up $450
If you are facing your second OVI, you need someone in your corner. Your family, friends and co-workers may be able to offer you moral support. This will not be enough. What you will need is an attorney. If you live in the state, contact an OVI Lawyer. Cincinnati Ohio has many excellent lawyers who specialize in this field. They will help you get through this difficult situation.
If you find yourself caught up in an OVI charge, do not panic. Get in touch with a noted OVI Lawyer In Cincinnati Ohio at the Farrish Law Firm. We will provide the skills and the knowledge you require during this trying time. For more information go.