From the time a puppy reaches six weeks of age, they need to begin receiving their first Pet Vaccination in Lenexa KS. Pet vaccinations help to protect dogs against viruses and diseases that can cause health concerns and even death. Knowing the proper vaccination schedule will help dog owners to stay on task and ensure their pet is protected at all times. The following information seeks to inform dog owners of the schedule they need to keep so their dog’s health is protected.
What Is the Right Dog Vaccination Schedule?
While no dog owner wants to see their puppy have to get shots, most of the time, these vaccines do not cause any major discomfort. Although there are a lot of vaccinations needed in a dog’s first year of life, keeping this schedule will help to keep a precious pup from developing any illnesses that might put their health in danger.
- Distemper, measles, and parainfluenza should be given at 6-8 weeks. At this time, owners may also choose to get the Bordetella vaccine for their dog.
- DHPP vaccinations should be given around the age of 10-12 weeks. At this time, an owner may choose to get the Leptospirosis, Lyme Disease, and Coronavirus vaccination.
- A rabies vaccine will need to be administered at 12-14 weeks of age.
- DHPP is given at 14-16 weeks.
- A rabies vaccination is given again, along with DHPP at 12-16 months.
- DHPP should then be given every 1-2 years for the life of the dog.
- Rabies vaccinations are required every 1-3 years by law, depending on the state a dog resides in.
Routine Vet Visits Are Important
Taking on the responsibility of dog ownership can be a bit overwhelming at first. Making sure a dog is seen by their vet as often as recommended and sticking with the vaccination schedule will help to ensure their health is protected.
To learn more about the importance of Pet Vaccination in Lenexa KS, visit Falconvalleyanimalhospital.com. Call today if you would like to schedule an appointment for your dog to start their vaccinations. With proper care and adherence to the schedule, your dog will stay healthy and happy for life. You can also visit them on Facebook.