Under the best of circumstances, a shingled roof can last up to twenty years. Unfortunately, repair issues can arise well before the end of the lifespan of a roof, so it is important homeowners are vigilant in checking their roofs each season for any signs of damage. If damage begins to occur, it is important a homeowner seeks prompt Shingle roof repair. With prompt repair, ongoing and expensive damages can be avoided.
If these signs are present, a homeowner needs to seek roofing repair.
* When a homeowner is cleaning out their gutters and downspouts, they should not see large amounts of roofing granules. When a roof is shedding great amounts of granules, it is important a homeowner seeks immediate repairs because this means the shingles are wearing and need to be replaced.
* Curled shingles can occur for many reasons, including improper installation. If the shingles on a roof are curling at the ends, the homeowner needs to have a roofing company inspect the roof to find the problem so it can be repaired.
* Homeowners who notice excessive algae growth on their roof will find it in danger of suffering serious damage if the issue is not remedied. Algae and moss growth can lead to trapped moisture in the roof that can cause damage to the wood supporting structures.
* If the shingles are beginning to buckle in areas where they overlap, repairs need to be carried out right away. Ignoring the problem can lead to major damages to the roof that can be very expensive to repair.
* Missing shingles allow water to penetrate past the tarpaper and into the wood structures of the roof. Over time, this can lead to interior leaks and rotting of the roof that can cause major damages to a home.
If you are a homeowner who has noticed any of these signs of problems, it is important you seek immediate Shingle roof repair. If the shingle issues are not repaired, they will cause continued damage. Contact Waukesha Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc and allow them to schedule you an inspection so they can help you determine if repair or replacement will be your best option. You can connect with them on Facebook for more updates!