When you’re making a major move, choosing the right moving company is an important task. Your moving company plays a big part in the success of your move, so it’s important to choose one you can trust. Here are some things to consider when evaluating moving companies.
- Schedule. One of the first questions you want to ask is whether or not your proposed moving company can accommodate your moving date. Some moving companies in New Orleans have a very large fleet, and offer plenty of flexibility for customers, while others are smaller, and may book up more easily.
- Services. Be sure your proposed moving company offers the services you desire. If you would like your belongings packed and unpacked, you need to let them know this up front, since these services are usually priced separately.
- Storage. It’s important to ask if your moving company can provide temporary storage of your belongings if you have a few days between when you will arrive in New Orleans and when your home will be ready.
- Price. While price is not the only factor to consider when choosing a moving company, you do want to check price with each carrier you consider. It’s not always wise to go with the lowest priced mover, but a mover’s price should be competitive with others in the industry and in the area.
- Insurance. It’s important to know that your belongings are covered from breakage and from theft before you choose a moving company. Ask to see copies of the policies that will cover your items.
Once you’ve asked these questions you should be well equipped to pick from the many moving companies in New Orleans to handle your move. With the right company, you’re sure to find your move to be pleasant and stress free.