The summer brings the opportunity for a lot of outdoor fun. Summer also brings the need to cool off in an air conditioned house. Occasionally, the air conditioning fails in the summer and usually, on the hottest day. The A/C will fail on this day because this is when it is working the hardest.
The family car is serviced and checked regularly when it runs fewer hours than the A/C does. The air conditioning system should be checked at the beginning of the season by an experienced air conditioning maintenance in Glenview technician.
A typical maintenance check-up will include:
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Measure motor current and voltage
- Lubricate moving parts that require it
- Check the condensate drain for a blockage
The following items are very important to the proper cooling:
- Clean the condenser and evaporator coils. Coils that are dirty result in less cooling capability and more energy costs. The other direct result is limiting the life of the equipment.
- Check the refrigerant level. It must be replenished if it is low. However, a low level of coolant may indicate a leak, which should be repaired. Besides being costly to replace, refrigerant leaks will contaminate the air.
- Clean the blower parts to provide the required air flow. The air conditioning system efficiency can be reduced by up to 15 percent. Proper air flow also ensures greater comfort.
- The compressor and the fan should be checked and cleaned of accumulated debris.
The vent system should be checked to make sure there are no blockages and the outlet vents are functioning as they should. Occasionally, there is inadequate air flow through the duct system, so the air flow should be checked. An air conditioning system loses 5 percent of its capacity because of air restriction across dirty coils. The same reason will increase electrical use by the same amount.
There are a number of safety features, which should be checked for the safe operation of the air conditioner and the home’s occupants. Air conditioning maintenance in Glenview professionals can check these items. One item that cannot be overemphasized is checking the condensate drain. You will never know when this drain is beginning to back up because it is clogged or otherwise restricted. The result is water running down between the walls and across the ceiling, causing the wall board to deteriorate to the point of having to be removed. Visit the website Domain to know more.