Have you ever skipped a workout because you did not have the right gear with you? If you are like many of us, it does not take much of an excuse to skip the gym for something easier. However, if you pack your gym bag with these essentials, it will be that much easier to make working out a regular habit:
1. Clean workout clothes. No one likes to put on smelly, used workout gear. Do yourself a favor and have at least two sets of workout clothes- one for the washer and one for the gym bag. Non-chafing workout pants or shorts, socks, appropriate undergarments, and a t-shirt or tank top are our starters for a workout outfit.
2. Water bottle. Hydration is important, so make sure you have a water bottle in your gym bag so you can keep hydrated while you work out.
3. An extra pair of shoelaces. A little thing like a broken shoelace can ruin a whole workout!
4. A pair of earbuds or headphones. You probably carry your phone everywhere, but you want to be able to listen to your music without disturbing other people.
5. Deodorant. No explanation required.
6. Healthy snacks. You may be hungry after your workout, or you may need a snack to sustain you before the workout begins. Cut the temptation to grab something overprocessed and bad for you and your wallet, by carrying healthy snacks in your gym bag.
7. Anti-chafing/ anti-friction gel or powder. A minor irritant while you are working out, rubbing or chafing injuries can actually be enough to put you out of commission. Carry some of this in your gym bag, and your solution is always at your fingertips!
The harder you make it come up with excuses not to work out, the more likely we are to see you in the gym. Come by The MAX Challenge’s Montclair, NJ location and take another step towards a healthier you.