Although many senior citizens initially move into retirement communities because they need extra help with everyday activities, many find that the choice adds interest and fun to their lives. In addition to the benefits of Assisted Living, residents of facilities such as Silvercrest Deer Creek Active Retirement Community soon learn that they have advantages that include:
* COZY SUITES: Silvercrest residents who choose Assisted Living are offered homey suites that include kitchenettes with full-sized refrigerator/freezers, and microwave ovens. Their apartment homes provide spacious walk-in closets, large bathrooms with linen closets, and window treatments. Resident homes offer television, Internet, and telephone hookups in bedrooms and living rooms. Utilities are included in the monthly rent. Seniors may bring their own belongings, and personalize their homes any way they want. Residents are encouraged to bring their dogs, cats, fish, and birds.
* SECURITY: Every apartment home includes grab bars in the bathroom, as well as a smoke and fire detector and sprinkler system. Seniors have access to 24/7 assistance, and every apartment provides an emergency call system.
* DINING: Community residents can enjoy three meals a day, and are offered restaurant-style dining. They can mingle in a large dining room, where they have the chance to socialize with friends as they enjoy nutritious meals. In addition, the community provides an ice-cream parlor, and seniors may gather with friends, to enjoy morning coffee and rolls.
* AMENITIES: Seniors at Silvercrest can participate in a wide variety of planned activities. These include crafts, events, and outings. They have access to an on-site barber or beauty shop, chapel, and library. Residents are offered free transportation to medical appointments. They are encouraged to enjoy the beautifully designed common areas, where friends gather to talk and have fun.
* CARE: Residents are offered personal care tailored to their needs. Some of the services that they receive include help with dressing, medication, bathing, and orientation.
Seniors who need a little extra help with daily activities often find that moving into a planned retirement community meets their needs and enhances their lives. These friendly, caring residences provide security and personalized care, while still offering a homey atmosphere and interesting, active lifestyle.