A smile projects a certain confidence in people, portraying their personality and self-esteem. Recent innovations in cosmetic dentistry have allowed dentists to reach scientific measures that were thought unreachable just a couple of decades ago. Cosmetic dental care has become a “no pain” section in dentistry and is very systematic in the 21st century. If you are interested in speaking with a Cosmetic Dentist in Des Moines about the services they offer, now would be a great time to do it, especially if you are experiencing pain.
Cosmetic dental procedures no longer cause anxiety due to IV and oral medications. Oral medication helps a person to slip in a sedative state, which allows them to be insensitive to pain. The cost of care depends on the procedures involved and varies from patient to patient. The following are some procedures cosmetic dentists provide:
* Dental Bonding
* : Dental bonding is done to repair tooth structure that has been damaged. Consolidated fillers can also be used to clarify teeth. Old fillings can be repaired, and the teeth can also be repaired. This treatment is cheap, but not considered durable like other options.
* Porcelain veneers
* : A thin porcelain shell is attached to the front of a tooth to improve the appearance of it. The treatment requires no anesthesia (in most cases) and the treatment is durable. It gives patients the natural look they may have been looking for.
* : These relate to veneers, but the difference is that porcelain handles the front portion of the teeth only while the crown boxes the tooth itself. Dental crowns are durable but expensive.
* Dental Implants
* : Dental implants give people a natural look back, especially to those who have lost their teeth. But it is more expensive and takes a longer time to complete.
* Teeth whitening
* : Whitening allows a person to whiten their teeth, which has been affected by discoloration. It could have been caused by coffee, tea, drug or smoking.
A Cosmetic Dentist in Des Moines will work their magic to make you look younger. Various advantages of cosmetic range from brighter teeth and a better smile to increasing you self-esteem. If you or someone you know have questions or concerns about cosmetic dentistry, contact your local Des Moines dentist today.