Termites are insect species that are known to feed on wood and or wooden products. Other such insects include wood boring beetles, carpenter ants and carpenter bees. Termites are the most destructive of all. These creatures have the potential to destroy your furniture and fittings and cost you a great fortune.
What are the signs of termite infestation?
To determine if you have a termite infestation, you need to carry out a thorough inspection of your property. Some of the signs you should be on the watch out for are:
1. Tunnels- the presence of mud holes in your house is a clear indication that termites are present. They normally use these tunnels to move around in search of food.
2. Wings- presence of wings left behind by the swarm is yet another indication that termites might be present.
3. Swarm- when you discover some flying creatures around your homestead, it is an indication that they might be present. This is because, the adult termites usually fly away to make new colonies.
4. Presence of damaged wood- this is a major sign of termite infestation in your home. They usually form mud tunnels around the wooden materials.
What are the preventative measures against a termite infestation?
1. Ensure that your rooms are well ventilated.
2. Ensure the plumbing jobs are performed effectively.
3. All leakages must be fixed effectively.
4. Ensure that all wooden boxes
5. and papers are kept about two inches above the ground.
6. Make sure you spray pesticides periodically.
7. Ensure that every corner of the house is properly sanitized.
8. Mildew and mold must be removed completely.
What methods can be used for termite eradication in your home?
1. Liquid treatment- it is the oldest and least expensive way to eradicate termites. The chemical is usually applied into the soil to prevent termite infestation in your yard.
2. Bait system- it involves treating wooden structures with pesticide. The insects then attack the wood and take the bait to their colonies and eventually poisoning all the rest.
3. Fumigation-it is a very effective and expensive way to eradicate termites. It requires the help of
4. termites Tucson
5. professionals to administer efficiently.
The termites Tucson experts have many years of experience and guarantee your safety. For more information about their services, contact them on http://www.Wildcatexterminating.com.