Whether you have very healthy teeth or dental problems, you need to visit your dentist regularly. Regular exams help you maintain a healthy mouth, prevent future dental issues, and aid in the early detection of potential problems including oral cancer. Dentists in Kailua, Hawaii provide a range of services to help you and your family with all your dental health care needs. The services you can expect from your local dentist are included in the following information.
1. Exams – Regular annual or bi-annual exams are included in preventative care and early detection.
2. Cleanings – Regular teeth cleaning treatments get rid of plaque and tartar that affects the teeth, gums, and supporting jawbone. It can cause gingivitis, serious periodontal disease, tooth loss, and bone loss.
3. Cancer screenings – Cancer screenings for oral cancers is a common preventative and early detection service provided by your dentist.
4. Fillings and crowns – Fillings can be tooth colored or silver and are used to fill decay in a tooth. Crowns are used to save a tooth that cannot be restored with a filling and are also used after a root canal.
5. Root canals – A root canal is a last ditch effort to save an otherwise seriously decayed tooth.
6. Wisdom tooth extractions – It is common practice for Dentists in Kailua to recommend wisdom tooth extraction, which is usually a surgical procedure under anesthesia, as soon as your child gets their wisdom teeth.
7. General tooth extractions – When a tooth cannot be saved and is too diseased, it has to be pulled to protect the surrounding teeth and supporting bone from disease.
8. X-rays – Another preventative and diagnostic tool dentists use is the x-ray.
9. Dental implants – Tooth implants are used to replace missing teeth and are popular over fixed bridges and dentures.
10. Teeth whitening – Teeth whitening is a cosmetic process used to make your teeth white and your smile bright.
No matter what your dental health needs, your dentist can address it and find a solution if a problem arises. You should expect state-of-the-art technology for all your dental treatments including laser dentistry to replace some surgical procedures. You can get all these services and more at Aikahi Dental. Visit website to learn more about their location, hours of operation, and services.