Were you injured or did you became ill while under the care of your doctor or other medical staff? Do you feel that your injuries or illness were caused as a direct result of negligence? If you can answer yes to these questions it is important for you to seek the advice of a medical malpractice attorney Houston. The laws for medical malpractice are often confusing for most people. This is where having an attorney can make a big difference, giving you proper guidance and representing you through the entire process so that you do not have to feel so much stress and can actually focus on healing and recovering from your damages.
Most people claim medical malpractice for one of three reasons or a combination of the three. Though there could be other reasons, these are the three that attorneys most see from their clients. If you have experienced medical negligence in one of these three categories and it can be proven that your damages were a direct result from one of these reasons, you may very well have a case that could be pursued against the doctor or other medical staff.
Reasons for Suing for Medical Malpractice
1. Failure to diagnose : This is the most common reason that patients sue their doctors. When it can be proved that another and more competent doctor could have reached a diagnosis, you may be able to sue the doctor for being incompetent in his or her failure to properly diagnose you.
2. Incorrect treatment : This means that the doctor did not give an acceptable treatment and veered from what is considered safe in treating your condition. This can also mean that the doctor provided the correct treatment but did not carry out this treatment correctly.
3. Failure to properly warn : Your doctor is required to warn you of the side-effects and risks that you are taking when undergoing treatment. If your doctor did not warn you and did not get your medical consent, you need to seek the help of a medical malpractice attorney in Houston.
To prove your case, the lawyer will need to prove that the doctor caused you damages in the form of:
* Physical pain
* Emotional or mental anguish
* Incurred medical bills
* Lost wages due to an inability to work
If you have been injured under the care of a doctor, contact the law offices of Harley Hampton today.