Water is the source of flood damage. It can come from burst water pipes, heavy rains, water leaks, and other issues where a lot of water winds up in your home. Flooding can occur in the basement or in the bottom floor of a house. Regardless of the what, why, how, and where, Flood Damage Restoration in Kenosha WI can help you dry out, clean up, and make some repairs on your home after water damage has occurred. The following will cover what to expect from a water remediation service provider.
1. 24-hour service – These professionals understand how important it is to address water damage immediately. Water needs to be dried out properly and cleanup needs to begin within a few hours after the flooding. This will prevent mold, mildew, and contamination of the affected area.
2. Water testing – One of the guidelines in flood damage restoration is to test the water involved in the flooding. They test for contaminants, bacteria, germs, viruses, and toxins.
3. Water removal and extraction – The first thing flood restoration specialists do is extract the excess water. They use special equipment to drain excess water from the space.
4. Item removal – Once the excess standing water is removed, the technicians remove objects from the room before performing the next steps of the process.
5. Drying – The wood and other surfaces affected by the water has to be dried out before cleaning and restoration can begin. Special industrial fans and equipment are used for Flood Damage Restoration in Kenosha WI.
6. Carpet and upholstery cleaning – After the area is sufficiently dried out, your carpeting and upholstery will be cleaned if it was affected by the flooding.
7. Salvage – Anything that can be salvaged from the flood damage is taken, cleaned, and given back to you. If the water test comes back with negative results, salvaging some items may not be possible due to health and safety concerns.
These are the basic steps of flood damage restoration to expect if your home is affected by flooding. Only experts in this industry should handle this kind of project. The average person is not going to have the equipment or supplies needed to safely and effectively handle flood damage restoration. Service Master Clean By Frintz offers these services to help you get back to normal as quickly as possible. You can click to find more info about their services and how they can help.