For The Safety Of Your Family Have A Fireplace Inspection By A Chimney Sweep in Junction City KS

Does your home have one or more fireplaces that you use for warmth on cooler nights? If so, your home could be in danger of a fire unless you have it regularly inspected and cleaned. Fireplaces that are used often get a build up of soot and creosote that can catch fire in the chimney. If this happens, it could spread to other parts of your home. As a preventative measure against fire, it is important to have your chimney inspected and cleaned yearly by a qualified chimney sweep in Junction City KS.

The person that does this type of work will come to your home, inspect your fireplace, chimney and vents to ensure they are working correctly. If a fire is burning and the vent is not working correctly, it can cause carbon monoxide to escape into your home. This type of gas is very unsafe for both humans and animals. While this company is inspecting and cleaning your fireplace, you should make sure they also check the top of the chimney for any possible blockage caused by bird nests.

The Chimney Sweep will remove any build up of creosote and soot that is more than one eighth inch thick. This residue is highly flammable, so any excessive build up can cause the smoke from your burning fire to not exit the chimney and it can catch on fire. If you are getting a smell coming from your fireplace when it is not in use, this could likely be from air coming down the chimney and picking up the scent of creosote. For your safety, you should have it inspected before lighting any fire in it. To remove any lingering odor after cleaning, you can try putting some baking soda or kitty litter in the bottom of the fireplace.

For the safety and well being of your family, you should remember to schedule a chimney sweep to come to your home yearly before the cold weather arrives. This type of inspection, that will be done by someone that is a trained Chimney Sweep in Junction City KS, is just as important as the one you have done to your home heating or cooling system each year. It is better to spend a little money on preventative care than to spend a lot of money on repairs to your home if a fire should happen.
Read more here

Share!
    Shares