Performing regular maintenance on your heating system can help it run more efficiently and last longer. However, even when you do take care of your heating system, it can still break down. Find out when You May Need To Call Heating Repair in New Braunfels, TX.
1. You’re probably accustomed to the usual sounds that come from your furnace. If you’re beginning to hear loud noises, banging and clattering, something is about to go out in your furnace. A repairman can inspect your furnace for a loose or worn belt or a faulty ignition.
2. Check the air filter and if it’s filled with dirt, dust or pet hair, replace it with a new one. A dirty air filter can make your furnace shut off because the heat exchanger is getting too hot.
3. When your furnace sounds like it’s having trouble starting or it keeps kicking off, the fan motor may need to be replaced. Another issue that can cause this is a problem with your thermostat or wiring.
4. When you feel cold and turning up the thermostat a few degrees isn’t helping, this may also be a thermostat problem. Other things that a professional who does Heating repair in New Braunfels, TX will look for is leaks in your duct work or a defective pilot light.
5. When your heater refuses to come on at all, you might have a clogged drain line. Debris, mold and sediment can plug up the line, especially when you’ve been running your heater continually. The drain hose will have to be flushed and cleaned so the water can easily run through the drain line.
A furnace will normally last at least 10 years and with regular maintenance, you may get up to 20 years of service out of your furnace. If your unit is an older model and you’ve had to make several repairs on it within the last few years, it’s probably time to get a new one. Air Conditioning and Heating offers installation, repairs and maintenance of your residential or commercial heating and cooling systems. They also provide duct and coil cleaning services.