Men and women of varying ages color their hair for different reasons. Some people like changing the way they look, others prefer a color other than their natural one, and others want to hide greying hair. Many people choose to color their hair at home, as it is generally cheaper and it affords them some privacy. However, there are many good reasons to go to a New York hair color salon if you are in the city. These same reasons also apply regardless of where you go to get your hair professionally done.
While there are many dye kits available for do-it-yourself types to color their hair at home, there are health risks associated with dyeing your hair yourself. Some of these are:
1. Allergies: Some people develop severe allergic reactions to hair coloring, and this can be life threatening in some cases. A professional hair colorist knows how to test your reaction to certain dyes before using it in your hair.
2. It can get in the eyes: Sometimes, even with utmost care, hair dye chemicals can get into your eyes. While flushing the eye with water is a quick solution, why take the chance? A trained colorist knows how to avoid getting chemicals in the client’s face.
3. The odor can trigger respiratory reactions in people with asthma and other breathing problems.
Other Good Reasons
While the associated health risks of do-it-yourself dye jobs are worth noting, many other factors make going to a professional worthwhile. Some reasons why getting a professional dye job makes sense are:
4. With a home job, you normally get one color throughout; however, a professional colorist will be able to add highlights, low lights and undertones to make your hair more natural looking.
5. The risk of damaging your hair greatly reduced. In a salon, they have all the right products to treat colored hair so that it remains healthy and vibrant.
6. There is less of a chance that the job will turn out badly and even if it does, a professional hairdresser will be able to fix it then and there.
7. The head massage that comes with the dye job is a big plus for most people.
A good New York hair color salon will not only have professionals to give you a great color, they also know how to put you to ease. The relaxing feeling of having someone else take care of you is priceless.
For a perfect professional hair color job, visit Paul Labrecque’s where professionally trained and licensed hairdressers will take care of you. These NYC trained professional stylists and colorists all take Paul Labrecque’s intensive training programs before they are allowed to work on clients. Visit the website at Paullabrecque.com to learn more.